Ter Scott sings "I Walk the Line" as J Cash Lives.

I mentioned before how Johnny Cash's voice really had a pretty fair range even though he chose to stay in the keys of E and F. (Usually played E with a capo on the first fret). Here in this performance I borrow a dollar from someone in the crowd and put it in the strings and explain to the audience how Johnny would do so (he used paper too when he didn't have a buck, which was pretty often when he started out) to create the sound of a snare drum because at first he only had the two musicians Luther Perkins on guitar and Marshall Grant on the stand up bass.

Here though, Johnny modulates in keys with all the verses which at the time was pretty clever in song arranging. Here is my rendition...


By the way, most of the time I stand in performing but this setting was to be an "intimate" setting with me, my guitar and the audience as if I were Johnny in his Henderson home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment