J Cash Lives Show Appreciated by Most

As an entertainer, I strive to do my very best. Creating, promoting and doing all the hours of practicing and then performing is a lot of work and can be very tiring. When it is all done, I am pretty much exhausted and highly critical of myself because I know of so many areas where I could have done better.

Fortunately, at my most recent J Cash Lives event held at the VFW in Cloquet, Minnesota, several people in the audience took pictures (and even video which was posted on Facebook). After watching the videos I realized that yes, I can always do better (and I will tweak things for my next performance) but that actually the performance turned out pretty well!

In my performances, I really like to interact with the audience in a way which really gets them involved, either while in their seats or with me up on stage. Being on stage can be scary for anyone who usually isn't in the limelight but doing so makes for great fun. Following is a testimonial by someone who attended with her husband.

I am so appreciative of Jim for volunteering. Some audiences aren't as "ready" to participate, especially this early in the show and Jim "helped" me out! (He also was the guy who volunteered his dollar bill for me to use in the strings when I played "Walk the Line" and I wonder if he noticed anything different about it when I returned it).

She "volunteered" to be in the "June" Singers group and her husband Jim was the only one brave enough to be one of the Ba-doo-ba-doo Boys!

Here is Debbie's take on the show, along with a picture of her singing with Deborah Weckert in the "June" Singers and her husband Jim.

What a great time we had with you at the VFW on Friday night.  You are a fabulous entertainer.  If you ever need a June let me know. I'd be interested in being your backup singer.

You have no idea but Jim has never done anything like that.  He did it to help you out. I didn't know he had such a good voice. The audience loved it. 

I loved singing too with Deb & you. 

You made SO many people happy.  

The man at our table was an army veteran. He went blind a year ago from agent orange & diabetes.  They were both teachers in Cloquet.   He had a great time.  He was keeping track of the numbers for you & holding up his fingers up each time the water was high and rising.  You sang his favorite song too.  He said he was going to go home and tell his kids he met Jim Badoo ba do. 

I loved the informative narrative about his/your life.  If I had FB I'd post this.  So feel free if you wish

So many people took videos & pictures.  I hope some were posted.  

Deb always looks like an angel on stage.  

I loved the flag part and the thanks to the vets.  Everything was outstanding.  

Thanks again, Deb & Jim

Thank you, Deb (and Jim) for attending and especially for your kind words about the performance. I really needed that message of encouragement because sometimes I'm too close to the project and highly critical of trying to do well.  I am so glad that my efforts translated well to you and the audience around you. I hope you'll consider attending again in the future and see me more animated and with different material.

J Cash Lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment