LEARN WORDS TO: I’VE BEEN EVERYWHERE


...and a bit of the history behind the song: 

"I've Been Everywhere" is a song which was written by Australian country singer Geoff Mack in 1959, and made popular by Lucky Starr in 1962.
The song as originally written listed Australian towns. It was later adapted by Canadian Hank Snow for North American (predominantly United States) toponyms, by Australian singer Rolf Harris with English and Scottish toponyms (1963),[1] and by John Hore (later known as John Grenell) with New Zealand toponyms (1966).
In 1962, the song was a number-one US country hit for Hank Snow.[2] The song was also recorded by Lynn Anderson (USA 1970), Asleep at the Wheel (USA 1973), Johnny Cash (USA 1996). READ MORE.

I’m adding this song to my J Cash Tribute repertoire and created this “worksheet” to help me learn the words. I thought my readers may have fun with this as well. Go ahead and print this and use it at parties or just to see how well you know the song!

First, here is the "history" of the song: 
I was totin' my pack along the dusty Winnemucca road,
When along came a semi with a high an' canvas-covered load.
"If you're goin' to Winnemucca, Mack, with me you can ride."
And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside.
He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand.
And I said, "Listen, I've traveled every road in this here land!"

[Chorus:]
I've been everywhere, man.
I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.

I've been to:
Reno, Ch_______ , F_______ o, Mi_______,
Buf_______, Tor_______, Win_______, Sara_______,
Wi_______, Tul_______, Otta_______, Okla_______,
Ta_______, Pan_______, Matta_______, La Pa_______,
Ba_______, Balt_______, Sal_______, Am_______,
Toca_______, Baran_______, and Per_______, I'm a killer.

[Chorus]

I've been to:
Bost_______, Charle_______, Day_______, Louis_______,
Wash_______, Hous_______, Kin_______, Texar_______,
Mont_______, F_______ day, S_______  Fe, Tall_______ a,
Gl_______  Rock, Bl_______  Rock, Lit_______  Rock, Oska_______ sa,
T_______  to T_______  Chico_______, Spi_______  L_______,
Gr_______  Lake, De_______  Lake, Cra_______  Lake, for Pete's sake.

[Chorus]

I've been to:
L_______ ville, Nash_______ e, Knox_______, Ombabika,
Sch_______ ville, Jac_______ ville, Water_______, Costa Rica,
Pitts_______, Spring_______, B_______ field, Shreveport,
Hack_______ ck, C_______ llac, F_______  du Lac, D_______ port,
Idaho, Jell_______, Argen_______, Diamantina,
Pasa_______ a, Cata_______ a, see what I mean-a.

[Chorus]

I've been to:
Pitts_______, P_______ sburg, Gravel_______ g, Colorado,
Ellens_______ g, Rex_______ g, Vicks_______, Eldorado,
Lari_______, At_______, Havers_______, Chatanika,
Ch_______ a, N_______ ska, A_______, Opelika,
Baraboo, Wat_______, Kala_______ oo, Kan_______  City,

Sio_______ City, Ce_______  City, Dod_______  City, what a pity.









No comments:

Post a Comment