Dottie Lou is Alive and Singing Well!

I'm taking some time away from the usual J Cash content to share some pure country with my readers and share a great experience I enjoyed recently. 

When you love Country Music as much as I do, I am always humbled when in the presence of the greats. As a young musician I met some and also played lead guitar for some; one being the famous Marvin Rainwater, but I was so young at the time I truly did not appreciate the moment. I’m older now; actually much older but we’ll just leave that at that and I’ll just say that I now have learned to appreciate moments and the people who share them.

One such moment was just last night when I met the lovely, talented and graceful Dottie Lou. 

I spent last evening with this country legend at her 24th Annual BBQ in an undisclosed place in Minnesota. I was privileged to be asked by my friend who is her son, Roger. 

Image result for marvin rainwaterEntering her cabin home in the “woods”, I was immediately drawn to the black and white glossies of Marvin, 
and others: Merle Travis, Moe Bandy, Waylon Jennings, and so many others which she was associated and who any country aficionado would know. She also had a picture of (I think) Justin Tubb and I asked Roger if he was a son of Ernest and the answer was the affirmative.




Outside with the mosquitoes, neighbors, family and fans, was a local country band that played covers with that authentic Tele sound, a bass player that was spot on, and two guys who may have been brothers with great voices and actually could mimic Waylon, Bocephus, and The Possum (you can look that up if you aren’t the country aficionado you thought you were J). 

Roger sang, his daughters also sang; all awesome, beautiful and original songs. Dottie also graced us with her voice; she is doing very well for her youthful age!


If you are not aware of Dottie Lou’s music I was able to find a few things for your listening pleasure. 





Contact Dottie at her site here. Please let her know that her fan, J Cash Lives sent you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment