Wok (?) the LIne? Staten Island Rockin'?

Yeah, you heard right. Wok the Line. Wish I had sound or a video.



This article makes me remember an episode from the Johnny Cash show (I tried to find info about it but could not find any; if any reader can help, let me know). Anyway there was a man who was from Japan and was a Johnny Cash impersonator (of sorts) who sang Johnny Cash songs in Japan.

I think he was singing Folsom Prison or I Walk the Line and toward the end of the song he acted as if his guitar was not working. Quickly someone off camera came running up and checked all of the connections and then the guy turned the guitar over and said, "Oh here's the problem; Made in America!".

It was funny at the time because things "Made in Japan" had a bad reputation. Things have surely made a turn around today with Japan's innovation and workmanship have surpassed ours in many ways, but I digress.

Here's the article that had Staten Island Chinese Restaurant rocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment