Johnny Cash & Bobby Bare - I Still Miss Someone; Two Friends at a guitar pull

I grew up on Bobby Bare's music as I did Cash's and here Bobby speaks of his friend Johnny:



"I'm very excited to be working with Reba and Loretta, but also because of John, who was a dear friend of mine," reflected Bare. "He lived right down the lake from me. He and June were godparents to my youngest daughter. John and I had been friends starting in 1957. He lived in California at the same time I did, so I used to go out to his house for a goat roast or something crazy like that. A bunch of us went out there, me, Patsy Cline, the Carter Family. We'd all have a guitar pull. Those things went on in those days. He was a hell of a man."



Read more



Get your tickets for the Johnny Cash Music Festival (Bobby Bare will be there).







While watching this video, I sighed a little. With Johnny playing the alternating bass and strum on the guitar I was reminded of my early guitar lessons. And, his guitar sounded so "in tune". Enjoy watching as these two do as Bobby calls "a guitar pull".




No comments:

Post a Comment