Looking for the next “Garth Brooks”



I’m looking for someone to cut the song: “Me and My Heart”. Per BMI.com on “how to find someone to sing your song” (http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/7_ways_to_get_an_artist_to_cut_your_song):

7. Consider collaborating with an up-and-coming artist.
A widely known “secret” in the industry is that you’ve got a much better chance of getting your song cut if you write it with the artist. What you might not have considered is that before Garth Brooks was “Garth Brooks,” he was just another artist-hopeful, singing demos around town. Given that the likelihood of Garth Brooks writing with an unknown songwriter is next to zero, why not find the next Garth Brooks and write with them early on in their career? I can’t tell you how many songwriting success stories have started that way.
I’ve said this before but it bears repeating. Writing a song is a victory in and of itself. It’s something you can - and should - be very proud of. However, if your ultimate goal is to get your songs recorded by others, keeping the above considerations in mind might be worth your while.
Good luck!

I’m looking for someone out there who will cut my song: “Me and My Heart”; a country song and melody I wrote to honor the late Johnny Cash and his guitar picker and legend Luther Perkins.

It’s doing well on and published on YouTube.

If any reader knows of an up and coming country artist or has contacts with Josh Turner or Dierks Bentley, let me know!

PS. Please go to YouTube and listen to Me and My Heart (You can Google Johnny Cash Me and My Heart any you might find it elsewhere too). Leave your comments there as to which artist you think would be better suited to sing it: either Josh Turner or Direrks Bentley. Then come back here and take the poll on this page. 

Ter Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment